Monday, February 14, 2011

Dream Gardens

Oh my goodness!!! I am sure all of you must have thought I had fallen off the face of the earth! It has been 3 WEEKS since my last post!!! My, how we can lose track of time when we have a gazillion things going all at once :) Such has been my life for the past couple of months. But things have slowed down a bit so I can get back to what I love - sharing with all of you!!!

I just recently purchased the Dream Gardens stamp set because I love the image and the ornate oriental designs. But, I wasn't totally sure how I wanted to use it. And then I opened the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper & Quick Accents Pack from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. I was amazed!!! I chose the Melon Mambo print and came up with this for my February card class:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Dream Gardens, Wonderful Favorites

Cardstock: Melon Mambo (4 1/4" x 11"), Pretty In Pink (4" x 5 1/4", 2 1/2" x 3", 1 1/8" x 3 1/8"), Basic Black (3 3/4" x 5", 1 1/4" x 3 1/4", 2 5/8" x 3 1/8", and some scraps for the leaves), Whisper White (2 1/4" x 2 3/4", 1"x 3")

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Melon Mambo

Accessories: Ice Cream Parlor DSP (3 5/8" x 4 7/8"), 2-Step Bird Punch, Pretty In Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I added the layered images with Stampin' Dimensionals and attached the leaves punch with the 2-Step Bird Punch using Mini Glue Dots. I love the way this turned out and so did everyone at my class :) It makes me so happy when they are pleased with their creations. That is what this business is all about - loving what you do and sharing what you love!! And what a great way to spend an afternoon with friends - just doesn't get any better :)

I am sure I will use this set more often now - such a beautiful image that can be added to a card for any occasion. And I have seen some awesome layouts for this. It will be fun to play and see what I can do with it.

Well, it feels so good to be back and thank you all for remaining loyal readers and followers!! I have missed you. Looking forward to more fun times. Thanks for coming by today and sharing my "Dream Garden." 'Til next time..................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on LNS. Your card is absolutely lovely! I love the colors you chose to use. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie so glad to see you back stamping and posting again!!!!Having fun IS what it is all about!!!!

    ReplyDelete