Before I show you the card I chose for today, I would like to thank my good friend, Lynn Schulz, for this wonderful blog award!! I am so honored that she chose me to receive this.
I visit Lynn's blog often along with many others by people back home. It makes me feel like we are keeping in touch :) Thank so much, Lynn!! For accepting this, there are a couple of things I need to do. First, I need to tell you 8 things about myself that you may not know. So, here goes:
1. Before I fell in love with stamping, I owned my own craft business. I made dolls and home decor items from cloth and wood and wholesaled them to local craft businesses.
2. When I was young, I was scared to death to talk in front of people. But, I let my best friend talk me into signing up for Drama class in high school and have not been the same since :) Just try to keep my quiet now...lol!!
3. I am a certified Insight Learning Facilitator and love to conduct professional development workshops with groups.
4. My true passion is community service and my dream job is an event planner for a non-profit organization. I have volunteered with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society since 2001.
5. I love the music from the 1970's and sing it as loud as I want to in my car with the windows rolled up :)
6. I would like to take a photography class so I can learn to take awesome pictures.
7. I cannot eat a bagel without cream cheese - it just seems un-American to me :)
8. I also do direct sales as a crew member of Noah's Ark Animal Workshop - a build-a-bear workshop in your home.
Now I have to pass this award onto 8 other "Stylish Bloggers". Here are my choices:
June Switzer http://www.stampinwithjune.blogspot.com/
Kelly Mayou http://www.weekendstamper.blogspot.com/
Jamie Adcock http://www.want2bcreative.blogspot.com/
Rebecca Ingalls-Fleet http://www.scrappywonder.blogspot.com/
Marisol Gutierrez http://www.atouchofsol.blogspot.com/
Kirsten Brown http://www.imstampinsilly.blogspot.com/
Sharon Field http://www.createdbyu.blogspot.com/
Becky Roberts http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/
I get so much inspiration from all of these ladies!! I hope you will visit their blogs. So, now for today's card. I made this for my swap partner, Betty Traciak, in the UStamp event I am currently a Guest Designer in. It's funny because I didn't "meet" Betty until I moved to California and she actually lives about an hour from where I lived in Michigan. Small world!! This is the card I sent her:
The complete list of supplies:
Stamp Set: Notably Ornate
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Certainly Celery 1 1/4-inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Chantilly Lace Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Modern Label Punch
I love the "old world" feel of this stamp set. I think it would be really cool paired with the "postcard" image from Winter Post too. I am going to have to try that :) I also did the card with my card class in January. I think it is a nice breath of spring. Blushing Bride is quickly becoming my favorite shade of pink - it coordinates so well with lots of the core colors.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the card and that you will get some inspiration from the same places I do. 'Til next time.................
Remember to get your mammogram!