Sunday, January 9, 2011

Be My Valentine

In my card class this month, I decided to do a couple of Valentine's Day cards since this is really the only chance we will have to do them (next month's class is only 2 days before it). I love the single stamps that Stampin' Up sells now because they are an inexpensive way to make very nice cards.

In the Occasions Mini catalog, there are 4 new single stamps - one for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, and a very cute little "handmade by" stamp for personalizing your cards. They are all just tooo cute! I chose the Be My Valentine stamp set to make this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Be My Valentine

Cardstock:
Real Red, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper

Ink:
Riding Hood Red

Accessories:
Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Small Heart Punch, Real Red 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

I absolutely LOVE the Glimmer Paper in the new mini catalog! It is a 12x12 sheet of glitter that does not end up everywhere but on the paper :) And it is a super easy way to add some extra bling to your Valentine's Day cards. It is soooo sparkly when the light hits it - gorgeous!!! When we initially made this card, we attached the stamped piece just using our snail but I found this morning that it isn't sticking so well. So, I would advise you to attach anything on top of this glimmer paper with glue dots. They hold much better! I will have to be sure to let my class attendees know that. I decided to use Riding Hood Red for my ink rather than Real Red because it doesn't seem to smear as easy. For some reason, Real Red takes a bit longer to dry and I usually end up touching it too soon and have a mess :) This particular shade worked perfectly with this card because the ribbon is more opaque than most so there was a natural "blending" of the reds.

I have lots more cards to share with you that use the fun products from the Occasions Mini that I will post throughout the week. Thanks for stopping by today and sharing some Valentine's wishes. 'Til next time....................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Love the red glitter paper - it really sets the heart stamp off very well....the individual stamps are wonderful additions to our choices.

    ReplyDelete